Friday, April 23, 2010

Pondering what I am doing here...

I don't really know why I'm here. But I do this thing where I justify my actions if I've thought about them for a really long time. I have way too many pairs of shoes because of this, and recently justified the purchase of a pretty Leolani ukulele because I thought of nothing else for an entire week straight. For about a month now I've been having this conversation with myself:

Me: "You should start a blog."
Me: "But I don't really want to. And it would probably be really boring."
Me: "You know you kind of want to."
Me: "No I don't."
Me: "Yes you do."
Me: "But...why?"
Me: "I don't really know. Probably because you have nothing else to do right now. But if you start one I'll buy ice cream. Chocolate fudge brownie."
Me: "Are you bribing me?"
Me: "Yes."
Me: "I'll think about it."

Combination of bribing myself and doing the thing where I thought about it way too hard have brought me here....to this unfamiliar domain they call Blogspot. Permission granted to all my loved ones and strangers to never, ever read this. I predict one of two things happening: a) a boring cyber word-mess; or b) I'll do the other thing I usually do where I get distracted by something else and forget this little endeavor altogether.

Hm. I think that's enough first-blog-attempt blab for one night. But more blog-o-liciousness to come!...If I can talk myself into it.

4 comments:

  1. YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started a blog ;) I look forward to reading more posts in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm REALLY excited that you have a blog! :D

    Hahaha, funny side note - I was reading your sidebar thing and thought it said "People usually start blogs when they get married or want kids or want to spread something" and then you said "conception" in the next sentence...and I was like "Hey! People conceive for the exact same reasons they start blogs! They get married, they want kids, or they want to spread.....AIDS???"
    Hahaha, sorry, I just thought you might find that mental jump amusing. I love it. And you are brilliant if you did it on purpose :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mano draugė iš Latvijos man pasiūlė rašyti Blog'ą. Na, aš pradėjau, bet man lebabai sekasi, nes kaip ir galvojau, tai, kad aš neturiu apie ką rašyti :/

    Na, aš dažnai sugalvoju, ką rašyti, bet atsisėdu prie kompiuterio ir viską pamirštu ;DDD Taip ir lieku neparašiusi. Tokia ironija su manimi... Ironijos manęs nepalieka. Gal reiks man pagalvoti ką nors parašyti apie ironiją ;DDD Tikriausiai ir tada neturėsiu, ką rašyti... Hahaha... ;DDD

    ReplyDelete