Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coincidentally, everything is perfect.

Once upon a time, by mere coincidence, I went to Lithuania during a time when visa problems were a thing. So I was shipped off to Ireland.

Coincidentally, I was given a companion who is the most amazing soul ever and who went to the same college as me and who had my EXACT same major and also played the piano and who I needed in my life at that moment to teach me a great many things.

Then one day, my coincidental companion and I happened to be walking down an empty street on a rainy day and happened -- by chance -- upon a young Egyptian woman who laughed and cried and bonded with us for the whole week she had remaining in the country before she had to return to Egypt.

What a coincidence: she came to the United States -- UC Berkeley, to be specific -- during the very summer that I moved from Hawaii and happened to be two states away. I visited her last weekend with my coincidental companion.

And there we sat in a Berkeley cafe -- a returned missionary from Lithuania and the companion she met in Ireland with the phenomenally awesome Egyptian they met once for a week. And together we marveled that God is so good at coincidences.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story! Glad that God has such a hand in our lives even when we don't notice it :) Glad you noticed it here-thanks for sharing! you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete