Saturday, February 11, 2012

The ghosts of "me" past



We were driving home yesterday when a strange thing happened.

We stopped at the light on the corner of University and University. We were holding hands, as usual, and I looked up at the Riviera apartments across the street.

Then suddenly I saw myself five years ago, passing this very light, driving to see a friend at those apartments, not knowing that when I met her boyfriend a few moments later I would be meeting my future husband.  Not knowing that, five years later, we would be driving home to our cozy little cottage from a Friday night date to Jason’s deli, stopped at that same light, holding hands and laughing at each other’s jokes.

Time is an interesting thing, is it not? I wonder what I’ll be remembering five years from today. I wonder what, in five years, will make me marvel yet again at how perfectly the little pieces of life put themselves together.


2 comments:

  1. yea i had no idea i would have a sister and go to hawaii and go back to byu just to visit her...WUT! I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhh I love things like this. Really neat. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete