Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Confessions of a Sprout Mommy


I need to get this out: I’m in love with my plant babies.  Evidence provided below (and in previous sentence, wherein I called them “plant babies”).

1. They’re basically all I talk about anymore. Example:  (Person): “What’s new with you guys?” (Me): “My garden is growing!  Things are coming out of the dirt!” (Person): “Cool.  Anything else?” (Me): “Beet sprouts are PURPLE!”
2. I sing to them sometimes. 
3. I check on them every half hour when I’m at home.  I swear that’s how long it takes for them to stretch their little leafy arms up a little further in an effort to give the sun a big hug.
4. I drew a picture of them.  I couldn’t help it.
5. I get excited when I see their little bums popping out of the dirt. “This one’s coming!” I call out to Kendon, then turn to my little sprout. “Come on, little guy, you’re almost there!” And I think it hears me. And I feel giddy.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. . . remember being scared of them and that you weren't going to be nurturing enough? I don't think you have any reason to worry.

    P.S. Every day my first year in Ephraim I used to walk by a local's house where the radio was ALWAYS on. I found out it was because the people who lived there kept it on for their plants.

    ReplyDelete