Sunday, May 29, 2011

Femimormonism

I'm turning into a shell of my former self and morphing into a French feminist. A Mormon one. Oui, sérieux. Yesterday I made bookmarks for all my friends that read "I heart french feminism" in the classic "I heart NY" style! I'm thinking of starting a club.

See, its final project time, and my dear, dear professor made the mistake of allowing us to do WHATEVER WE WANT with WHOEVER WE WANT (get your mind out of the gutter).

There are only six humanities majors that attend this university. I am proudly one of them. Three more of the six are in my class. I guess two missed the memo.

Naturally, then, we have united against the rest of the class, who all happen to be English majors, and for our final project have settled on a study of a bunch of French feminist ideas compared against points of LDS doctrine. Fascinante!

What I'm learning is that, with the exception of the sex-related stuff (abortion, modesty, etc.) the ideas are the same: Women rock. They have value greater than we've historically given them credit for, and they can contribute great things to society. And any man who says differently is an imbécile (That's French).

I'm taking orders for "I heart french feminism" bookmarks. If anyone's interested.







1 comment:

  1. french toast is awesome and everything. But I would chose you if I was given the choice of having you and never being able to eat french toast again<3

    ReplyDelete