Friday, June 29, 2012

On puppies

My brother got a puppy for his 16th birthday.  I find that puppies are one of those few things that can turn even the most serious grown-up adult kind of person into a carefree childish child kind of person, regardless of how serious and grown up the years have made them. The same applies to ice cream cones and helium balloons.


Ladies and gentlemen, meet Tasha.







She eats duck food.  (Not to be confused with eating ducks as food.)


She’s absolutely the most difficult moving object to photograph in the world. (This was perhaps my 37th try.)

Sometimes she just rolls around in the grass for no good reason.



And when she falls asleep next to me in my parents’ farm truck snuggled up to an old leather glove my heart absolutely melts.

Sigh. They grow up so fast.

1 comment:

  1. she is such a cute puppy!!! I want one so bad! Having her for four days just melted my heart! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete