Monday, June 4, 2012

Writer's block



The little robin does a dance around a small spot on the grass in the park, darting its head around suspiciously, then shoots its head down and comes up with something alive and wriggly.  It sees me watching and hops further away, maintaining a safe distance between human and worm.  Ambitious; proud; polished; that’s what he is. And I take my eyes off the bird and look down at my blank sheet of notebook paper and wish I could dive in head first and pull living, breathing, wriggly words out of the raw soil, fueling myself with the energy to fly off and get more inspiration.  But the bird finishes his meal and leaves the ground without me, and I remain here in the park with a full pen and an empty page.


2 comments:

  1. hope my new album will inspire you <3 ofus.bandcamp.com
    PS it's a terrible album. and just for fun. :) love you sis n talksoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who has a blank page, you just wrote an amazing story about a bird! Shows how awesome of a writer you are! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete